How do I verify my Scotiabank account?
Lending Loop asks all clients to verify their bank account in order to make fund transfers to and from Lending Loop. This is also required to meet Canadian anti-money laundering regulations.
There are 2 ways to verify your Scotia chequing or savings account with Lending Loop:
- Image of Void Cheque
- Bank Screenshot (complete with full name, bank logo, transit number, account number and account balance)
- Bank Statement
To verify your account, please upload the document of your choice via the website under the "+Add Funds" section.
You can use a void cheque from your Scotiabank account. To do this, please perform the following steps:
Click "Set up Direct Deposits & Payments" under the "You may also want to" menu
Download Void Cheque
Once you have downloaded the document, you can upload it directly to your Lending Loop Account.
- Login to Scotia Online Banking and click on Accounts > Account Summary
- Click on Account View Settings > More Account View Settings
Click Site Settings and check 'Display' under Masking Options. Under Account Display Options, for your chequing account enter your full name in the 'Nickname' field.
- Press 'Confirm' to save
- Click on Accounts> Account Details. This page shows all the required information.
- Take a screenshot
- Upload it to your Lending Loop account
Here's what an acceptable online banking screenshot from Scotiabank should look like:
*Please note that if you click on a specific account you lose some of the required information.
You can securely upload your documents to your Lending Loop profile here.